The Mechanicsburg Recreation Board is a seven member volunteer board appointed by Borough Council. The Recreation Board meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM. The meeting is held in the Borough Council Chambers of the Borough Municipal Building at 36 West Allen Street, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055.
Recreation Board Membership:
Chairwoman: Ellen Wilson (2020)
Vice Chair: Diann Meck (2020)
Member: Lorrie Weber (2022)
Member: Kathryn Johnston (2022)
Member: Bart Miller (2023)
Member: Kathleen Snyder (2023)
Member: Diane Nace (2019)
Parks and Recreation Director: Tonya Brown
The Mechanicsburg Pool offers a fun, safe, and relaxing alternative to the summer heat. Beat the heat and get a household membership to the Mechanicsburg Pool. Enjoy the slide, Aqua Zip’ns, and various activities that are held at the pool throughout the summer. Snacks are available at the concession stand for your enjoyment. The Mechanicsburg Pool offers a daily rate in addition to the household membership option. Pool passes can be purchased at the Borough Office located at 36 W. Allen St. New as of 2018, a party pavilion is available for rent inside the pool complex. The pool opens yearly Memorial Day Weekend and stays open through the middle of August.
Hours & Important Dates:
Normal business hours: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- 25th, 26th, 27th Hours 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Subject to guard availability, both pools will try to open.)
- 1st & 2nd Hours 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Subject to guard availability, both pools will try to open.)
- 8th Hours 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- 9th (Pool will open for business at regular scheduled hours)
- 13th Hours 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- After August 12th, pool hours will be posted on the website, Facebook and at the pool, based on guard availability.
- Pool Closes August 18th
*Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday – Lap swimming available all day.
*Tuesdays & Fridays – Lap swimming available 12-5 p.m.
Mechanicsburg Swim Club Home Meets
Date Meet Time Pool Hours
6/8 8:00 am-1:00 pm Pool will open at 1 p.m.
7/13 8:00 am-1:00 pm Pool will open at 1 p.m.
Other Important Updates for the 2019 Season:
- All members will be issued new pool passes for 2019! – We’re getting new software and thus all pass holders new and returning must fill out an application. (see right).
- Multi-member passes will be deemed Household Passes now and the only requirement to sign up together is that all members that reside at the address listed on the application (Adults 18+ must show drivers license when getting their new pass printed).
- Children 2 & under still do not require a pool pass.
- Passes can be paid for with cash, check or credit card, but a fee will be charged for cards.